Leasing Specialist for an Apartment Community
Alexandria, VA 22206
Do you have an affinity for working with people? We have great work opportunities for individuals who are motivated, reliable, and have a passion for helping others. Join our team as an Apartment Leasing Consultant for one of our top Property Management clients!
InterSolutions makes it easy to start your next role. From interview to hire, we have a great team that will help you through the entire process and it’s so easy it can be done online. Our associates also receive paid industry training, career coaching, and permanent placement opportunities! What are you waiting for? Apply today!
As a Leasing Professional, you are responsible for providing current and prospective residents with the best possible customer service to retain residents and lease apartments. This position reports to the property manager.
- Greet prospective residents and give tours while determining housing needs, preferences, and close leads
- Accurately prepare and assist new residents with all leasing paperwork (i.e. lease move-in packets, applications, lease agreements, and employment and credit checks)
- Collect security deposits, rent, and any other charges associated with resident move-ins
- Communicate all lease and community policies to new and current residents
- Follow up with all leads and prospects that did not lease
- Ensure apartments are move-in ready by inspecting, and adding last-minute touches when appropriate
- Seek out new residents with creative marketing techniques
- Manage the lease renewal process
- Respond timely to all calls, emails, and site visits
Successful candidates may have previous backgrounds in real estate, retail, sales, leasing, hospitality, or customer service roles with the ability to engage with different personalities.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Basic computer knowledge including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and exposure to social media
- Knowledge of leasing software a plus including Yardi, Blue Moon, Onesite, MRI, etc.
- Ability to work weekends as required