Affordable Housing Apartment Leasing Specialist
Hayward, CA 94541 US
Looking for a position that will help you grow your career in Multifamily? InterSolutions has rewarding opportunities for apartment leasing professionals with Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) experience! We are seeking candidates who are enthusiastic, reliable, and goal-oriented–apply today!
We aren’t just here to help beginners. If you’re a seasoned professional, we can help you upgrade your career. We have positions available with top clients across the country and we offer career coaching as well as permanent placement opportunities! Don’t miss out on a chance to drive your career forward in Residential Property Management–apply today!
As a Leasing Professional, you are responsible for providing current and prospective residents with the best possible customer service to retain residents and lease apartments. This position reports to the property manager.
- Greet prospective residents and give tours while determining housing needs, preferences, and close leads
- Accurately prepare and assist new residents with all leasing paperwork (i.e. lease move-in packets, applications, lease agreements, and employment and credit checks)
- Collect security deposits, rent and any other charges associated with resident move-ins
- Communicate all lease and community policies to new and current residents
- Follow up with all leads and prospects that did not lease
- Ensure apartments are move-in ready by inspecting, and adding last minute touches when appropriate
- Seek out new residents with creative marketing techniques
- Manage the lease renewal process
- Respond timely to all calls, emails, and site visits
- Tax Credit experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Basic computer knowledge including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel and exposure to social media
- Knowledge of leasing software is a plus including Yardi, Blue Moon, Onesite, MRI, etc.
- Ability to work weekends as required